Training and Technical Assistance Specialist
Position: TTA Specialist
Reports To: Director of Training & Technical Assistance
Status: Independent Contractor
About the Role
We are seeking a dynamic self-starting professional to serve as a Training and Technical Assistance Specialist (TTAS) with the
CBPS Collective’s Community Violence Intervention and Prevention Initiative, a national effort to provide technical
assistance and training (TTA) to organizations, municipalities and public agencies implementing community violence
Under the supervision of the Director of Training and Technical Assistance, this position will work in tandem with a Project
Manager to coordinate education, advocacy, and programmatic and infrastructure support, to deliver superior TTA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Engaging in stakeholder meetings and facilitating communication between the project manager and stakeholders throughout the project life cycle
● Working with stakeholders on relevant project documents, such as assessments, developing TTA plans, project
updates, obtaining relevant signatures and sign-offs.
● Communication and data collection
● Support the development of TTA Trainings, workshops and other learning modalities as needed.
● Support team members when implementing risk management strategies.
● Assist with writing reports summarizing the activities of the project.
● Handling confidential and time-sensitive material
● Attending initial site visits and requisite trainings
● Assisting with the fulfillment of all objectives and activities relevant to project activities
● Functioning as a knowledge resource providing a thorough understanding of project deliverables, ensuring processes workforce technology, and culture factors are addressed.
● Assisting with reports on resource constraints and operational issues in a timely manner; working with leadership to develop and implement a plan to remove barriers
This is a contracted position,100% remote. Some travel may be required for retreats, site visits, and in-person trainings. Job requirements include:
• At least 3 years’ experience working in the community-based public safety and/or restorative justice fields, or lived experience
• Experience with education and training
• Experience building and managing teams
• At least 3 years supervisory experience
• Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask and prioritize work
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Proficient in MS Office Suites, Google Suites, Project Management Systems (Monday.com)
Skills & Proficiencies
• Problem solving
• Effective relationship management
• Project Management
• Project planning and Development Skills
• Staff Management
• Quality Management
• Process Improvement
• Contract Management
• Resource Management
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit a resume on the Collective website or send your resume /CV: to
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, familial status, marital/civil union status, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for military service, disability status (mental or physical, including perceived disability, and AIDS and HIV status), protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please complete the form to apply for a position with us.