top of page
Wed, Aug 31|
CBPS Professionals 101 Webinar
Understanding the work of Community Based Public Safety
Registration is closedSee other events
Time & Location
Aug 31, 2022, 12:00 PM EDT
About the event
The People have an answer to the question- How do we keep our communities safe? The answer is Community Based Public Safety (CBPS). Join us for a conversation with boots on the ground professionals from communities across the country. This webinar will lift up the various career paths within the profession including:
- High-risk Interventionist: Specially trained and certified person who provides high level crisis response to a variety of situations causing trauma in a community. Responds when immediate response is necessary.
- Outreach Worker: Connects to hard-to-reach members of the community and provides services outside the normal reach to individuals, liaisons between the field of work being represented and the community, ability to identify and target populations in need, linkage and short-term stabilization, bringing education and awareness to their service area, provide service referrals.
- Community Navigator: Practitioner trained in multiple disciplines who works in coordination with human services, public health and public safety providers. (AKA Social Worker)
- Community Health Worker: Specially trained interventionist who responds to violence prone individuals in a hospital setting. Connects individuals with services and mentoring needed to prevent additional violence.
- License to Operate: Community leaders with connection and access needed for violence prevention and intervention, often referred to as LTOs. This person may be a freelancer, not formally connected to any organization but available to assist. CBPS organizations typically have relationships with numerous LTOs.
We will hear from them as they share best practices and the vital role they play in keeping communities safe. Join us as we dive into the work of community based public safety and learn more about the people who do it.
bottom of page